Skip To Main Content

School Counselor


Krista Armitage, MSW

651-982-3240 Counselor Website

Needs Assessment Survey
Internet Saftey Movie: Tracking Theresa


Bully Free Zone


FLE is a Bully-Free Zone! Visit to learn more, and have children watch some videos, play games, vote in polls, enter contests and become kids against bullying!

Stop Bullying Now!
Many Teachers Miss Signs of Bullying
Number of Kids Harassed Online Soars
Hazelden FREE Parent Toolkit
Safe Teens
Wired With Wisdom
Blog Safety
Forest Lake Area Schools Bullying Resources

Other Resources:

First Call for Help provides callers with information about and referrals to human services for everyday needs and in times of crisis. First Call for Help can connect you to resources dealing with family counseling, housing assistance, food, health services, legal help, transportation, child and senior services, volunteer and donation opportunities and many more! Phone: 211 or 651-291-0211 Information on Services Parents and students are welcome to call, or stop by anytime with questions or concerns. My office is located at Forest Lake Elementary. If I am unable to provide you with direct assistance, I will work with you to find services that may be helpful to you and your family.

School Social Worker Role:

  • Classroom developmental guidance teacher
  • Small group counseling (social skills, friendship, family change, grief and others)
  • Crisis intervention
  • 504 Coordinator
  • Coordinate mentoring program, student council
  • Truancy
  • Testing coordinator (NWEA, MCA)
  • Resource and community outreach
  • Parent and Family support

Most important to my job is to work with students to help them be successful in school. Students need to have someone to talk to about the stress, tragedy, and crisis in their lives. Students, who do not have this support, are at a greater risk for truancy, school avoidance, mental health issues, and at risk behaviors.

Recorded information is private and falls under local and state laws for release of information. Parents have rights to the information kept on their child. If there is a concern please contact me and I will be happy to help you out with information that may assist your child’s life. In most cases when information is shared the student will be informed that such information has been given to another party. If a student state that he or she is going to hurt him/herself and/or someone else I am obligated to inform that authorities to help the child. This may include the police, hospital, parents, or other agencies that are involved. If a child states that he or she has been mistreated physically, sexually, emotionally or neglected it is my responsibility to contact child protection and/or law enforcement.